- August 31, 2020
- / KWIA
- / archived
To ensure an on time departure and to expedite your experience through the airport, we have developed a few helpful travel tips.
For Arriving Passengers:
- Be sure to snag a window seat, the view on the inbound flight is arguably one of the best you will find.
- Once you disembark the aircraft, follow the direction of ground personnel, and simply follow the green walkways to the arrivals terminal.
- Don’t forget, masks are required inside of the Airport terminal.
- Bag claim and car rentals are all conveniently located just inside the arrivals area.
- Taxis are located just outside the arrivals area to the left and rideshare vehicles will pick up just outside of the arrivals area to the right along the blue curb.
- Smoking is permitted outside in designated locations.
- While waiting for Ground Transportation, please do not feed the wildlife.
- You have arrived…relax and enjoy.
For Departing passengers:
- Be sure to confirm your flight 24 hours in advance and again before heading to the Airport. Make sure you have all necessary boarding documents, e-tickets, identification, and face masks.
- Plan ahead and be sure to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- Short Term and Long Term parking options are available. If staying at an area hotel be sure to check with your concierge for the best ground transportation options, as many hotels offer a free shuttle service.
- If returning a rental car, the rental car return will be on ground level as you make your way through the airport entrance road. Be sure to look for the signs leading the way. To return the rental car keys, the rental car counter is located in the 1st floor arrivals area.
- Elevators are located at the center of the parking garage for easy access to the Main Departures Terminal on the 2nd floor.
- For curbside access to the Main Departures Terminal, follow the signs to the upper deck on the 2nd floor.
- When accessing the TSA security checkpoint, remember 3-1-1 for carry-ons: Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams, and pastes must be 3.4 ounces or less per container; must be in 1 quart-sized, clear plastic bag; and you can only have 1 bag in your carry on. If you have more, you will need to check it.
- Do not forget you will need to take off shoes and remove electronic devices from your bags when going through security, so be sure to pack accordingly…or skip the hassle and sign up for TSA PreCheck!
- While waiting for your flight, utilize the Airport’s free Wi-Fi to share all those memorable moments, visit the Airport’s restaurant to grab a bite to eat, or stop by the Airport’s gift shops for that last souvenir.
- Be sure to snag another window seat on the flight out to catch one last view of the islands!